I offer mindfulness meditation training in a small group setting. Small class sizes of 6-8 students allow for individualized learning as well as connection within a group. The classes are interactive and experiential in nature. With kindness towards one another we explore the nature of our minds with curiosity and non-judgment. My honor as teacher is to share ancient & modern wisdom and for us as a group to explore their meaning in our day-to-day lives. Each 90 minute class will include "talks" given by me, practices to try in class and at home, journal reflection, and many interaction opportunities.
The introduction to mindfulness meditation courses are conducted weekly over 6 weeks and are designed to build on each other. As a result the introductory series is not designed to be taken on a drop-in basis and require a commitment to the full 6 weeks. The courses are appropriate for all levels (from those who have never meditated to more experienced students wishing to refresh their foundational skills).
A weekly meditation group is available to those that have completed the introductory course and runs on Wednesday afternoons from 1-2:15pm. It is an open group thus members are free to begin and stop, but I do ask for a weekly commitment since the space is small and seating limited.
We resonate with one another’s sorrows because we are interconnected. Being whole and simultaneously part of a larger whole, we can change the world simply by changing ourselves. If I become a center of love and kindness in this moment, then in a perhaps small but hardly insignificant way, the world now has a nucleus of love and kindness it lacked the moment before. This benefits me and it benefits others. - Jon Kabat-Zinn
Features of the group:
“Meditation practice isn’t about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better. It’s about befriending who we are already." – Pema Chödrön
Details about the group
- Meets for 90 minutes
- Wednesday mornings (9:15-10:45a)
- Small class size (6-8 students) to allow for intimate and personalized learning
- Experiential in nature with lots of practice incorporated during and between sessions
- Fee is $600 for the introduction to mindfulness course (to fully develop skills I ask that students attend the entire series for the introductory class)
- Sliding scale available (No student will be turned away for lack of funds)
- Option to continue with weekly 75 minute afternoon group after completing the Intro Course